Sewing Tip: Pin The Buttonhole



Sometimes the simplest of things provides the biggest convenience in our lives. Take this pin for example, how often do you rip pass your buttonholes? It happens to most sewists and tailors.


Did you know that a simple pin at the edge of the buttonhole can do you wonders? Here is a testament from a fellow blogger.

"So the other day I was cleaning off my sewing table and ran across the instruction book that came with my sewing machine, and since I was tired and not really into my work I started thumbing through it and I ran across this little beauty of an idea that has changed my entire life.
Ok…so it hasn’t changed my entire life but it’s a really terrific (yes terrific) idea and I’ve already used it like a million times.  It’s simple, easy, and genius—here’s what it is:  Pin the button hole.
Yep, that’s it.  Pin the button hole.
How many times have I been ripping open the button hole and have zipped right through the end and had to go back and stitch up that dang button hole?  Too many times!!!!
But not now.  Now I just slide a pin across the end of the button hole and rip away and the pin stops me from going too far.  Like I said:  simple, easy, genius.  I wish I had thought of it…




 credits to: simplesimonandco.com


https://mysewingmall.com/

Comments