Cute Covered Magnets



I'm sure you've seen these around but I decided to have a play at making my own magnets to go in the new studio. If you want to play along at home, I thought I'd do a little tutorial.

First up, gather your materials. I've used self covering buttons, some 15mm magnets, you'll need some pliers, really good glue and fabric scraps. I'm using scraps from the chair I covered and pillow I made so that it all matches.



Unless you can get buttons with a flat back to them, you will need to grab your pliers and cut off the little bit on the back.



Once they're all done, it's time to start covering your buttons. Line up your fabric if you're fussy about what you want centered on the button, and then push the button cover and fabric into the special little doovalacky that they give you. Trim all your fabric down so that the back of the button will fit in well.



Press the button back in and make sure you push firmly so that the button back is secure. Then dab some glue onto your buttons and magnets. Don't make the same mistake I did and glue the wrong side of the magnet. Who knew that magnets are only magnetized on one side sometimes? Not me! My glue says to let it sit for about a minute until it's a bit tacky, and then press together.



Then press your magnets and buttons together and voila! Cute little magnets.



I put them on my new whiteboard in my studio. I bought it last year, and I've framed some of the gorgeous pictures.




credits to: allthingslovely.typepad.com


https://mysewingmall.com/

Comments