DIY Blue and White Floral Print Jeans



Floral printed jeans and pants are everywhere right now. If you’re on a tight budget or haven’t found the perfect print, why not DIY your own? Which, of course, was my thought exactly! I have about 3 pairs of white jeans, thanks to some of the clothing brands I’ve partnered with… so, I had a pair to spare in case my idea went majorly wrong. Happily though, it didn’t! They turned out marvelously and I love them. I decided to stick with blue hues, but you can use any color or colors you like! It didn’t take as long as you may think, though I actually began this project over a month ago, I ran out of blue markers and had to wait for a new shipment. Go into i knowing it will take some time and spread it out over a few days.



What You’ll Need:



* White Jeans

* Fabric Markers

* Lace or Floral pattern to trace

* Cardboard

* Questions about laundering? Wash them in cold, as you would any of your jeans, and hang them to dry (I never dry my jeans). The markers are permanent. Have you ever tried to get an accidental pen mark out of your clothes? It’s almost impossible – HOWEVER, Sharpie “Stained” markers’ brush tip writes thick and the ink has been specially developed to resist fading when washed as all fabric markers most probably are.




Steps 



* Begin at the ankle of your jeans, and if you’re shaky, the back of the ankle. This way, if you mess up a little at first, no one will notice way down at the bottom of the back of your ankle! Slip a piece of cardboard in between just so your marker doesn’t transfer to the other side of your fabric. 



* I used a lace pattern because I liked the rough, textured look it created, and found one flower design in particular to repeat over the entire leg for continuity. 



* Holding the lace taught, carefully (or not so carefully) mark right through the lace onto your jeans.



* It should look like this… your flowers do not have to be perfect.



* Repeat the flower pattern to cover the front and back of your jeans. Make sure to space your design out and tilt your flower in various positions for a more free-flowing look. Also, don’t forget to place some over the edges and seams of your jeans. Seams never line up perfectly on legs! 



* You can also free-hand, if you’d prefer. I did so a bit in between my flower pattern. I also used a different part of the lace to create a leaf design, and drew some of my own with a stippling technique. 



* Add some dimension with various shades of blue. I also went (stippled) over and around some of the edges with a darker blue for more depth and texture.




Voila!






credits to: lovemaegan.com


Comments

  1. I am a regular reader of your blog, Amazing content with proper examples. Thank you admin. wholesale jeans suppliers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment