How To Make a Pin-Sharpening Pin Cushion



My pins and needles really take a beating, and I've noticed that they're all dulling a bit. So I thought I'd try to make a pincushion that's also a sharpener.


This is based on those little strawberry-things that dangle from the tomato pincushions. They're filled with metal filings, and you poke your pins into them to sharpen.



I didn't have one of these, but I did have some grade 00 steel wool. So I made up a pincushion and put this together.



Steel wool comes in pads, so first, I unrolled one...




...And tore it up a bit. (Makes a huge mess, as you can see.)




Then I stuffed my pincushion with it. I got two pads in there, and then had to stop. I probably could have used a half-pad more, but:



...I got worried about how much my raw edges were fraying. Also, I got worried that my fingerprints were wearing off.


Anyway, then I finished off the pincushion. Yeah, it's a little wonky.



But, I've been testing pins and needles, and it works great! Just a few passes in and out, and they're nice and sharp again. Cool!


credits to: craftypod.com


Comments

  1. Looks like a good idea I think I will try it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment