This tutorial is for frequent travelers who often find their toiletries a mess. Often times, we place our toiletries in 1 mid-sized bag, it's good because everything fits inside; the only downside is that everything gets jumbled like crazy when we open the bag after a long travel or walk. This travel kit's purpose is to keep your toiletries a little more organized with more pockets for individual things, so we turned a washcloth into a toiletry travel kit! It’s the perfect place to store your toiletries while you travel, it rolls up so it doesn’t take up too much room in your suitcase, and it’s easy to make!
Turn A Washcloth Into A Travel Kit
- 12″- 18″ of Washable Ribbon
- Sewing Machine or Needle and Thread
- optional: Iron-on Hem Tape or Fabric Glue
1. If you don’t have a sewing machine, you can sew this by hand with a needle and thread. Or you can make a no-sew version with iron-on hem tape or fabric glue. Either one will work great to turn a washcloth into a travel kit without sewing a stitch!
2. Start by folding the bottom of the washcloth up so that it’s about an inch or two below the top of the washcloth. Sew up both outside edges of the washcloth to make a large “pouch”. Then sew a few straight lines up the middle of the pouch to create smaller “pockets”. (If you’re making a no-sew version, just use fabric glue or hem tape in the same spots.)
3. Flip the washcloth over and attach the middle of the ribbon to one edge of the washcloth, about halfway up.
4. And you’re done! Flip the washcloth back over and fill the pockets with your toiletries!
5. When you’re ready to travel, roll the washcloth up and tie the ribbon around the middle to hold it closed, and you’re good to go!
credits to: practicallyfunctional.com