It's that time of the year again! Halloween is fast approaching. Have you prepared a costume to use for trick or treating? If not, here's a cool guide on how to make a Knight in Shining Armor Costume!
Turn your child into a gallant knight with this easy to follow tutorial.
1. Aluminum Dryer Vent Duct 2. Car Windshield Silver Sun Shades
3. Grey Sweatshirt and Pants
4. Foamie Glitter Sheet (with a sticky backing)
5. Feather Plume
6. Brass Fasteners
7. 6-inch Strip, Velcro
9. Needle and Thread or a Sewing Machine
10. Ruler or Straight Edge
1. Fold the sun shade in half long ways and cut a head hole in the middle of the crease.
2. Cut along the sides to make “short sleeves.”
3. Attach the Velcro to the front and back of the “armor” to close on either side of the waist.
4. Cut Aluminum Dryer Vent Duct long enough to cover each arm and leg. Depending on the size duct you buy and the child’s leg it may only cover to just above the knee.
5. Sew the Vent Duct to each of the sweatshirts shoulders with the sleeves inside the duct.
6. Sew the Vent Duct to the sweatpants with the leg of the pants inside the duct.
7. Use the 2nd Sun Shade, (2) fasteners and watch this video to make a helmet. I had no idea how I was going to make the helmet.
8. Find a template for a Fleur de Lis or emblem of your choice to decorate the helmet and chest. Cut from the Foamie Glitter Sheet and stick in place.
9. Add a feather to the helmet.
10. Add a sword and shield to complete the costume.
The goal of this tutorial is to make fond memories for your child during the Halloween.
credits to: savingslifestyle.com