DIY: Toddler Ruffle Skirt



You will need:

- Any Children's T-Shirt
- Knit Scraps or Extra T-Shirt
- Color Matching Thread



Start with a plain Tshirt. I picked this baby up for AED 30



Next grab a thrifted T-Shirt. I’m always wandering around goodwill looking for XL T-shirts. They are great for extra material, and they are super soft. This particular shirt was long sleeved, and I decided that the length was great.

I cut off at the shoulder and I cut off the cuff. Next I opened it up by cutting off the inside seam…



And started cutting my 1.5″ strips. You can go wider too, whatever style you like. 1.5″ worked for me because I didn’t want the ruffles to overwhelm the shirt…and my 22 month old’s neck!

Run a basting stitch about 1/8 inch along one long side (sorry, didn’t take this pic) and pull to create a ruffle.



Attach the ruffle at the neckline. I decided to keep the ruffle more towards the front of the blouse. Pin it directly onto the neckline and stitch down.



Take the next ruffle and pin it underneath the first ruffle. I made this ruffle not as long as the first one, to make it cascading



Continue with the other two layers with the same technique, gradually making the ruffles shorter to keep the cascading look.

And your all done!


Now pair it with a cute skirt…



…or some great jeans


credits to: livingwithpunks.com


Comments

  1. Thank a lot for this post that was very interesting. Keep posting like those amazing posts, this is really awesome :)
    Looking For Custom T-shirt Printing, Visit
    T shirt Printing in Mumbai

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment