DIY Tutorial: Easy Drawstring Sunglasses Case







I'm pretty good at taking care of my things except when it comes to sunglasses. Somehow, they always end up scratched, broken or lost. So to help me in my plight, I made this little drawstring case, just the right size for a pair of sunglasses. I took one on my trip to Chicago last week and it did the job very well of protecting my sunglasses.



Keep one of these pouches in your purse and when it's time to take off your sunglasses, slide them in the pouch and stow them away. They won't get scratched and banged up by everything else in your purse and you won't have to shell out extra money for a new pair every week. This pouch is very easy to make. It's similar to my Drawstring Travel Bag just smaller and with only one side seam.

This size of the bag should fit most sunglasses. If yours are larger than normal, wrap a piece of fabric around them and see how much width you need. If it's more than 7 inches, you'll need to increase the size of the pouch.




DIY Easy Drawstring Sunglasses Case

SUPPLIES:

- 1 Piece Fabric 7.75 x 9.5 inches

- 1 Pieces Ribbon or Bias Tape, Cut 16 inches long

- Disappearing Ink Pen

- Thread

- Pins

- Safety Pin




INSTRUCTIONS:



Step 1: Finish fabric edges. Fold fabric lengthwise, right sides together. (Folded size is 3 7/8 inches x 9.5 inches.) Using disappearing ink pen, mark points 1.5 inch and 2 inches from top on side with raw edges. The section between the markings will be the opening for the drawstring.



Step 2: Starting at top edge, stitch to marking, backstitch and cut thread. Start stitching again at next marking (2 inches from top). Pivot at bottom corner, stitch to folded edge, backstitch and cut threads.



Step 3: Press seams open. Make the top casing. Fold top edge down 1.5 inches and press. Fold edge in .5 inch and press. Pin if needed. Topstitch casing in place, stitching close to folded edge about 1 inch from top.



Step 4: Attach one end of ribbon to safety pin. Thread through casing. Knot ends if desired.



I hope that you find this tutorial useful. I'm working on another pattern for a padded sunglasses case that I hope to have ready soon. I certainly hope that I'll be able to keep a pair of sunglasses for longer a couple of weeks. Do you have any tips for keeping sunglasses scratch free and safe?


Comments

  1. Interesting topic for a blog.I have been searching the Internet for fun and came upon your website. Fabulous post. Thanks a ton for sharing your knowledge! It is great to see that some people still put in an effort into managing their websites. I'll be sure to check back again real soon. perscription sunglasses

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment