How to Use Your Fabric Scraps to Create a Pom Pom


If you are like me then you have a ton of fabric scraps lying around. Lots of times I make a quilt and I have so many of the same size scraps and I just can’t bring myself to throw them away. This project is perfect for those of us who are scrap hoarders. Here is how to use your fabric scraps to create a pom-pom!


How to Use Your Fabric Scraps to Create a Pom Pom

Supplies:

- Pom-Pom Makers or Kanzashi Makers
- Fabric Scraps
- Fabric Scissors




Instructions:

These are ridiculously easy. Check out the quick VIDEO TUTORIAL to see exactly how these are made. Written instructions below.

1. Cut the scraps to about the same width. The length isn’t important but they should be at least 6 or 7 inches or longer. Take two of the scraps and tie them together using a double knot. Keep adding until you have either used all of your scraps or have a strip that is a good 5 to 10 feet.



2. Next, grab your pom-pom maker. I used the medium size aka the sheep. Can we just talk about how stinking adorable these little animals are? I didn’t know I needed a pom-pom maker set until I saw these and had to have them! Now I am obsessed with them!



3. Hold one end of the strip while you wrap the rest around the legs.



4. When you have wrapped the entire rope around the legs you will need two more scrap strips.



5. Take one and push it through one side of the wrapped fabric. Tie it in place using a double knot. Do the same with the second strip and the other side. This will create two pom poms. You could just use one strip and tie it around all the fabric but I wanted two pom poms and I thought that method would make for too thick of a pom pom.



6. Use your scissors to cut apart the pom-pom on either side.



7. Tada! Repeat with whatever scrap fabric you have lying around.




If you watched the video you saw that these are perfect to add some flare to a zipper pouch. They also make adorable hair ties for a costume or little girl. Use them to make a baby mobile for your little one’s room. The possibilities are endless!! What will you use them for? Share with me in the comments below.


credits to: sewwhatalicia.com


Comments